Monday, May 20, 2013

CRM ribbon disappears from Microsoft Outlook

This is really strange. Isn't it?

I thought CRM client installations were simple and I gained confidence every time I  installed and configured
CRM client on yet another PC (totally 5). The 6th one made me remember my early CRM days.

To get around this issue I referred to the KB article at this URL

OR

To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
  1. Exit Outlook.
  2. Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
  3. Locate the following registry subkey:
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{2DF8D04C-5BFA-101B-BDE5-00AA0044DE52}
  4. Right-click the 2.4 registry key, and then select Export. Save the export to your desktop to create a backup.
  5. Right-click the 2.4 key again, and then select delete.
  6. Start Outlook.