Thursday, April 3, 2008

Microsoft's Products Launch Event

Everyone present at the Lauch event was a {HERO} and I was glad I was one of them. Microsoft's biggest launch event. It was big because they launched 3 products in a line.

  • Windows Server 2008
  • SQL Server 2008
  • Visual Studio 2008

There were 2 tracks simultaneously and I was interested in the Developer track, but attended the IT Managers track(I knew of it):)

Lots of functionality incorporated. Hyper-V(Virtualization) being one of the best I liked in Windows Server 2008, Intellisense in SQL Server 2008 and Visual Studio having the same looks as its antecedent, but much more powerful with intellisense for javascript. Makes developers life easier.

About the Event, it was wonderful. Professional speakers from MiddleEast were there to present. We had speakers from HP and Intel to talk about their colaborative researches with Microsoft. The best part was the entertainment and loads of give away gifts. Microsoft XBox, Intel Core 2Duo processor, Click mouse(for hidden gaming freaks), Wireless keyboard to name a few. Unluckily I wasn't so lucky to get any.

I would have definately put on the event pics, provided I had a camera with me. I missed on it. Not to worry as many more such events gearing up, as I tool up for them.

Heroes Happen {Here}
Cheers